- A very powerful 3D modelling program which is open source and free. A steep learning curve for the beginner, but a very useful tool for the modeller
Adobe Creative Suite 2
- Freely available professional creative software, including tools for digital image editing (textures) and audio manipulation (aircraft sounds).
AC3D 3D Modeling Software
- An excellent and powerful alternative to Blender. It is payware and not cheap *but* it is a lot more intuitive and easy to use than Blender in the opinion of some.
- A freely downloadable 3D modelling package "for video game content". Some problems might be encountered with activation at present.
- Shareware modelling software with a free LE edition.
Hi guys - as interesting, useful and valuable as the discussion on the packages linked to in this thread is, I've moved it to a separate thread as this one will shortly be locked and only editable by the admins and mods. If you are not an admin or mod, but have a suggestion to be added to this list, please start a new thread about it with a link - I'll update the list and delete the new post, keeping a nice concise thread resource for potential modellers.