Types of approach to a runway

18 Sep 2014 10:20 - 18 Sep 2014 10:34 #18051 by Rafdave
Types of approach to a runway was created by Rafdave
I'm not trying to suck eggs but thought it is best to give everyone a fair starting point just incase there was any confusion:)

There are 3 ways make your approach to the runway. Which is always nice to share with the controller to aid a bit of planning.

Land (L)
You'll never guess what......you land off the approach and stay on the runway :)

Touch and Go (TG)
You physically touch down on the runway...reconfigure the aircraft quickly for take off then get back in the air...either to join the circuit for another approach or to depart for something else.

Low Approach (LA)
For this you make your approach to the runway but before touch down you re-apply the power to pull back up before you actually come in contact with the ground. There is no minimum height to descend to unless the controller specifically sets one.

Any questions about any of them then feel free to ask away. TG&LA are used to allow aircraft to practice approaches i.e. in a visual circuit without actually having to land.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2014 10:22 #18052 by Rafdave
Replied by Rafdave on topic Types of approach to a runway
I did try and put videos in for each but for some reason its not worked... there will be some added later.

18 Sep 2014 15:45 - 18 Sep 2014 15:46 #18063 by J Maverick 16
Replied by J Maverick 16 on topic Types of approach to a runway
8 days ago I went physically to Aviano Air Base and probably they were doing some approach practice because they done a lot of LAs with F-16s and also training flights. It is great to see in real world! B)
Cheers, Maverick

Breakin' the sound barrier every day!
Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.3.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar

Moderators: Rafdave
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds