Virtual D-Day Squadron, the Video doccumentary

09 Jun 2019 08:06 #42821 by StuartC
A good flight and a significant one for us. Not since the Final Flight of the Vulcan have we done something like this.
Turnout was good, but was marred a bit by a certain cretin "Taking charge" before the flight start time and leading a few off before the flight. Once a twat, always a twat.
Anyhoo, well done to those who made the effort, it was certainly a sight to see.

Full video:-

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2019 13:03 #42826 by Vodoun da Vinci
Killing me that I missed this one....:( :angry:

Looks pretty cool guys......super thank you to Geed for putting it together and a hearty well done to all folks participating.

VooDoo

09 Jun 2019 17:13 #42828 by Porcius
Just Chrome Casted the first 20 minutes up onto my big tv - WOW WOW chuffing WOW !!!

Amazing to see all those DC's in a group flight and such great graphics from Stu.

Will watch the rest tomorrow - I just wish FG behaved itself on flight night and I could have stayed with you for the group flight, sad face.

GEED - well done mate - nice atmosphere among the multinational people in the flight regarding this 75th Anniversary of the D-Day Landings and other Operations during those few days in June 1944. Amazing.

Porcy

Lightning DOES strike twice.

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartC

09 Jun 2019 18:54 #42830 by Porcius
Did you see that #@*king stupid post by Flughund ?

Why the hell, ffs ??

Rant over

Porcy

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"

09 Jun 2019 19:18 #42831 by StuartC
Didn't you see my reply. 1st post, page 3

09 Jun 2019 19:32 #42832 by Porcius
Yes, I did but not everybody visits the main FG forum.

It deserves to be highlighted to non visitors as, like you said the Flight Leader is, in actual fact, a German...

Also, let bygones be bygones, "history is already written. It's the future you write now".

Porcy

10 Jun 2019 20:43 - 10 Jun 2019 20:44 #42835 by hans05
Oh man, I do not believe that a German dares to write such a nonsense like Flughund did.
My name is already burned in FG-Forum, so I spare to comment there.

But here I would like to express apologies to all of you who feel hurt (I would hope that nobody takes people like Flughung seriously, but still...).
There is no doubt that the German government under Hitler was aggressive (not defensive!), brutal, reckless, inhuman, racist and many other negative things.
Bringing WW1 forward as a reason is a typical Neo-Nazi argument. Of course there is absolutely NO excuse for the things that Hitler-Germany has done.

Would be good to talk to Flughund and try to find ways to make him read books or watch documentaries so he does not stay as stupid. But after some previous communication involving him, I am sure he is not up to talking to RL-person in real :-(

10 Jun 2019 20:45 #42836 by hans05
Oh, and I am a bit shocked that Stuart is up to the moment the only one to comment on the Flughund post.
WTF?!?!?

10 Jun 2019 21:30 #42837 by enrogue
I consider Flughunds post a troll, so I personally wouldn't respond to it - I don't know about others - you can't have a flame war without oxygen (i.e. attention)

10 Jun 2019 21:50 #42838 by StuartC
i was hpoing he would respond in an even more nazi like fasion, then i could have had him blocked, but he didnt bite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Porcius

11 Jun 2019 21:52 #42841 by hans05
A real German Nazi (like Flughund might very well be) is not provoked from hints to the holocaust. They really hate Jews and do not need any reason to justify holocaust except that "those were just Jews".

If you seriously want to provoke a real Nazi you will have to hint to the crimes (mainly mass murdering civilians) conducted by the German army especially in the east. Especially the SS. A real Nazi will try to defend the honor of the fabulous German army and will claim that SS was a horde of hidden Buddhist monks not capable of doing any harm.

@enrouge
You are probably right. I admit that I have a VERY hard time letting a post like Flughund's just sit there uncommented. But yeah, commenting it also gives it importance which it does not deserve :-)

Time to create page: 2.232 seconds