Configuring Push To Talk in Team Speak

26 Sep 2021 09:46 #51206 by StuartC
Do not ever use Voice activation   on a flight. It causes echo effects to  other users and  clogs the voice traffic and will end up with you  getting muted.

Using  Push To Talk ( PTT ) is the preferred  method and this will show you how to set it up. At the end of each step,   press the "APPLY" button  on the bottom right of the options screen.

STEP1:-

From TS, select the TOOLS menu from the top row, then  OPTIONS

STEP2:-
This opens the main configuration panel. On the left select the  "CAPTURE"  icon. This opens the  panel to set up  the voice capture model.  Under "Activation" tick  "push to Talk, and untick "Voice activation and "Continuous transmission. 
To the right you will find a button to assign your preferred PTT key. 

STEP3 ( optional):-
If you also would like a Joystick button assigned, from the left   side options again, select "HOTKEYS". This will let you assign extra   buttons or keys to work as the PTT button.
From the Hotkeys screen, on the botton bar click ADD, which opens a smaller box to assign the key and function. Select the Function first, in this case it will be "PUSH TO TALK - DEFAULT", then using the Bar at the top, you can assign another key or button to  use as PTT ( you can use this to set multiple keys and buttons ).

Now you know and we should hear no more  echo !.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thebroons, Vodoun da Vinci, Porcius, G-ATOM

Please Log in to join the conversation.

26 Sep 2021 18:21 #51211 by sanni
Replied by sanni on topic Configuring Push To Talk in Team Speak
No, I'm sorry but with Linux, I have to use antimicro to assign a joystick button as PTT button. Teamspeak doesn't recognize the joystick buttons...

26 Sep 2021 18:42 #51212 by StuartC
Replied by StuartC on topic Configuring Push To Talk in Team Speak
I dont have Linux so I can only help with Windows.

27 Sep 2021 07:06 #51215 by Avionyx
Replied by Avionyx on topic Configuring Push To Talk in Team Speak
Going to have a look at some Linux / Mac alternatives today and see if I can put a guide for those up. 

Alex 

27 Sep 2021 14:00 #51216 by G-ATOM
Replied by G-ATOM on topic Configuring Push To Talk in Team Speak
The instructions I was given on Saturday night - and echoed with screenshots later - worked fine for me on Ubuntu20.04.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartC

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds