Ark Royal R09

16 Feb 2017 00:03 #32730 by geed
Ark Royal R09 was created by geed
Stuart didn't have much luck with changing the cats so I jumped in to fixed that.

The reason, it didn't work was that Blender didn't export Line objects. You can actually set it up exporting line objects in the exporters preferences but then all edges of all faces are being exported and it looks aweful.

Because of that I changed the exporters code a bit to only export meshes with exactly one edge to hopefully only catch the Line objects like the cats. It works.

I uploaded a new version of new_ark.ac with the cat4 working and being scaled down to a shorter version.

I also uploaded the exporter script into the AI/Ark_Royal-R09 folder

This is the part of the code, needed to be changed:

Line 295 in AC3D.py:
if len(mesh.edges)==1:
	edge = self.Surface(self.export_config, bl_edge, self.ac_mats, mesh.show_double_sided, is_flipped, None, 2)
	self.surfaces.append(edge)

@Stuart: If you dont want to twiddle around with that, I can take care of placing that cats at the right position in the right size.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2017 00:51 - 16 Feb 2017 00:52 #32732 by geed
Replied by geed on topic Ark Royal R09
I tried to make this a bit better by only exporting edges from the objects/meshes with the property "export_line" so that we could set up that up in Blender and would get a bit more control over this thing but ... up to now ... Blender does not react on the new code. It just does not seem to find any of the defined properties on the meshes it parses the edges on.

As we are working in context of a certain mesh of an object being parsed as part of the object hirarchy in the blender scene, the function _parseFaces has access to that respective mesh. It seems to be a mesh.data collection as we can call all other elements of MeshData() but no luck up to now.
if('export_line' in mesh):
 print('FOUND Export line in mesh {0}'.format(mesh.name))
 if len(mesh.edges)==1:
  edge = self.Surface(self.export_config, bl_edge, self.ac_mats, mesh.show_double_sided, is_flipped, None, 2)
  self.surfaces.append(edge)

This would be the setup in Blender. Let's see. The current version works so far and I don't need to add this new functionality. It would have been just that tiny bit that was needed to make it perfect ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartC

16 Feb 2017 07:48 #32733 by StuartC
Replied by StuartC on topic Ark Royal R09
Thank you Geed. This caused me near 2 weeks of pain.
If you could position the cats in the correct places and sizes, that's would be fantastic. I suspect the arrestor wires will have the same problem and they will need replacing as well.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds