× For windows users. Feedback on the Windows release candidates. Purpose for feedback to the FG Dev's so there is less excuses for balls ups with the Windows releases.
You must be willing to install , run and feed back on the latest release candidates to participate.

New forum area

22 Feb 2016 08:35 #27990 by StuartC
New forum area was created by StuartC
This new forum area is purely for Windows based release candidate testing.
Feedback and bug hunting for the main FG Dev's. All feedback will be passed to the main FG Dev's via a single nominated FGUK member.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2016 14:15 #27993 by geed
Replied by geed on topic New forum area
Thanks a lot Stuart.

What we need here is every error you encounter with your Windows based Flightgear installation. We will start from the version 2016.1.1 "San Francisco"

22 Feb 2016 14:29 #27995 by Vodoun da Vinci
Replied by Vodoun da Vinci on topic New forum area
I'd love to help but I'm trying to set up a FlightNight flight for new Saturday and it'll have to happen on 3.4 as the current new version is bugged to Death....so, I'm not gonna install 2016.1.1 and then bug test it, rip it off the computer and reinstall 3.4 for next weekend. Don't have time for that... :(

Love to help test, evaluate and debug but not right now.If there is something else I can do immediately to help that doesn't disable my current install please let me know.

VooDoo

22 Feb 2016 15:00 #27996 by enrogue
Replied by enrogue on topic New forum area
I have a backup of the 3.6RC windows installer here for people that want to try it - it has a small Terrasync bug which seems to be triggered by the degraded terrasync service we are experiencing at the moment (2016.1 recovers better)

www.dropbox.com/sh/azek0dfjmt9aztm/AAA9s...X4YSbFF_31CcnRa?dl=0

As for multiple installations - I've not had a problem with this as I install in C:\Games\FlightGearX.XX for each version - launchers like FGo & FGrun can only point at one installation at a time though (The Qt launcher bases it's settings from the previous version on 1st run but settings seem to remain independent between versions after that)

My windows 10 install has 3.4 3.6 & 2016.1 installed but like I mentioned is pretty much useless for MP or any high poly model (even though I have a hacked BIOS which overclocks the CPU to 2.0GHz & allows me to increase the VRAM to 512M)

22 Feb 2016 15:01 #27997 by Warty
Replied by Warty on topic New forum area
Although I use a Mac, what follows might be transferrable for windoze. I have created a separate user/account to act as a kind of "isolation ward" for 2016.1.1/2.0 or whatever. I have NOT installed it in the shared applications folder - in fact I just run it from a folder on the desktop. This does seem to have isolated it nicely. Though the scenery is too appalling for me to use at the moment. Apart from some of the particles being missing (just smoke/rain?) and the nice map not being available any more . . . . .

Mac 10.14.1 Mojave, FG 2020.4.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: J Maverick 16

22 Feb 2016 15:40 #27998 by geed
Replied by geed on topic New forum area
@VooDoo: No worries man. What you're doing is way more important than the Windows issues. :)

@Warty: May be a way to go. Good idea.

22 Feb 2016 18:26 #28001 by Porcius
Replied by Porcius on topic New forum area
Is this helpful ?

OR are you looking for something else ?

Porcy :unsure:

Lightning DOES strike twice.

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"
Attachments:

22 Feb 2016 18:29 - 22 Feb 2016 18:32 #28002 by Porcius
That's no good, I can't even read it !!

Putting on dropbox. www.dropbox.com/s/szknkvktkpyjvwm/fgfs-screen-160.png?dl=0

Porcy

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"

22 Feb 2016 20:20 #28006 by Porcius
If I can help, I'd like to.

I have both 3.4.0 & 2016.1.1 on this win-doze 7 machine and a winderz 7 laptop which just about runs FG 3.4.0 (it did have Ubuntu on it with semi-decent frame rates, but, you know - it's Linux man).
As work is slack at the moment, I often have a few hours available in the afternoon (GMT), if it's not raining (I have an allotment to look after as well).

Set up a scenario/settings you'd like testing, via the forum or PM and I'll do me best.

Porcy. ;)

22 Feb 2016 20:54 - 22 Feb 2016 20:57 #28007 by Porcius
Regarding the MP problems we had on Saturday - does it have anything to do with this ?

Try this for clearer image : www.dropbox.com/s/mq8jdy5ixhcfw58/fgfs-screen-161.png?dl=0

Porcy

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds